If you’re thinking about doing the décor for an event, this article is for you. Here at Verdissimo we would like to tell you all about event décor and we’d also like to tell you about an event that was decorated with Verdissimo’s products.
Things to Keep in Mind When Doing the Decoration for Events
1. Type of Event
When it comes to event décor it’s very important to take into account what type of event it is. For example: a birthday party, a wedding, a communion, a baptism, a company party, etc. Based on the type of event, the décor for the event will have different needs.
2. Decorating Style
The style of the décor will be closely related to the type of the event. In addition, it’s essential that before you begin actually doing the decorating work, you determine what style of décor to go with since your choice of materials and even the time of day to schedule the event may depend on this. Here are some examples of décor styles that are very much in fashion at the moment: vintage style, boho-chic style, industrial style, and rustic style. Later we will talk about those that are trending this year.
3. Event Time
The time of day when the event takes place can determine some aspects of its décor, especially with regards to the use of materials and illumination. In addition, if the event is to take place at night, you might want to create a more sophisticated ambience, whereas if it’s a daytime event, a rustic/country style might be more appropriate.
The materials used for the décor will determine the style of the event. It’s very important that you select them carefully so as to obtain the desired style. When we talk about materials, we’re not just referring to the furniture and upholstery but also to something else that’s capable of drawing lots of attention: flowers and plants.
Trends in event decoration
There are many trends in event decoration, it all depends on the type of event, the age of the event’s protagonist, the time of year in which it takes place, etc. We could spend hours talking about it!
Despite the myriad of current trends in event decoration, there is one that stands out above the others, a common trend in different types of events: the use of plants and flowers.
Plants and flowers are, without a doubt, the event decoration trend this year. They are used to decorate weddings, baptisms, first communions, birthdays, anniversaries… Depending on the type and style of the event one or the other is used.
Regarding the decoration style most currently used we can highlight the following:
- Farmhouse-style event decoration: this decoration style uses very neutral color plants and flowers from the same tones and color family, it has a rural aspect and looks as if the flowers were freshly picked from the field. In addition, wicker and wooden materials are used to maintain the natural elements of the compositions.
- Minimalist style event decoration: The minimalist style continues at the top of the list of trends in event decoration. It is a very sophisticated and elegant style that opts for sober tones such as gray, navy blue, black, and white … Regarding the plants used, it should be noted that it bets on those that bring vertical lines to the spaces.
- Decoration of events according to a theme: it is the style of decoration based on a theme. It can be used in all kinds of events and usually depends on the tastes of the protagonists of the event. Here we give you some examples: events inspired by an era, events inspired by a station, a character, a movie, etc.
- Boho style event decoration: boho style event decoration is one in which vibrant colors such as reds, yellows, and greens are used … One of the most representative flowers of this style is the rose. Now, many newlyweds are betting on decorating their wedding boho-style, and its because… there is no way you can convey more joy!
- Country style event decoration: the country-style (or rustic country) is a very natural decoration style that brings freshness to events. It is normally used in communions or weddings and rehearsals, through natural materials and the use of flowers and plants such as lavender, to make guests feel like they are in the middle of a field.
Event decoration ideas
We give you 3 ideas that can fit into the decoration of different types of events:
- The use of garlands: Garlands create warm and romantic settings and are widely used in afternoon and evening events. They bring that special touch to any dark environment and are essential for the best events.
- Hanging plants: hanging plants to decorate walls and ceilings have become a must-have in event decoration for interior spaces. They are capable of creating unforgettable decorations at events.
- Food exhibitions: Food or drink exhibitions at events are becoming another must-have. It is difficult nowadays to go to an event and not find, for example, an exhibition of sweets decorated with signs with phrases, plants, etc.
Compositions to use
In relation to the compositions that can be used in event decoration, from Verdissimo, we can highlight the following:
- Centerpieces: Centerpieces are the basics of events. What is a wedding without centerpieces? They are placed where the guests gather for dinner or lunch and that is why it is important that they are… perfect! There are many types of centerpieces, you can place flowers of different colors, of a single color, combine them with plants … you decide!
- Flower bouquets: Flower bouquets are floral compositions that can be placed in the areas where guests are received, on chairs, etc. Compositions of all kinds of flowers and plants can be created, it will all depend on the style and type of event.
- Vases: Vases are those small clay or glass containers (although other materials can be used) that are usually longer than they are wide and are used for the placement of flowers arrangements. The vases can be made up of a mixture of flowers and plants or just a single type of flower, for example roses.
Decorating Events with Verdissimo Products
Verdissimo’s products are perfect for indoor event décor since they don’t need water or sunlight to keep their beauty and can get along perfectly well with practically no maintenance.
However, these products can also be used for short-duration outdoor event décor. One famous event that has used Verdissimo products for its décor is the Vuelta Ciclista.
In 2016, Green Decorum was in charge of the décor for this event and they used a lot of our company’s products; some of the ones they used the most were:
All of these products were used to create three different well-defined environments, and thanks to the preservation process, the products stayed in perfect shape throughout the whole event.
Verdissimo | Discover the beauty of preserved flowers!