Preserved flowers are a key element in interior decorating with plants and even in creating original centerpieces. These products get spectacular results, while offering a great benefit: they don’t wilt or die over time. With minimal care, you can enjoy them for years!
That’s why, as we’ve mentioned, preserved flowers are often used in interior decorating, since one of their most common uses is for making original floral centerpieces.
Verdissimo will give you several useful ideas for making creative centerpieces. In most cases, little details or the use of contrasting materials help generate originality and achieve a striking effect with floral decoration. Dare to create your own custom centerpieces!
But, how do I make floral arrangements using Verdissimo’s preserved products?
Check out the ideas we’ve listed below to create centerpieces using flowers:
- Get several cylindrical containers, which can be jars made of porcelain or glass. Group 3-4 containers together, side by side, combining different heights. Inside, add a bed of sand or small pebbles and place some preserved high-stem flowers, such as lavender, Pubescens or Cocculus. You’ll get great visual contrast! If you want to add a little color, you can use a red rose with greenery or even pebbles, as seen in the image below.
- With recycled materials. Use glass jars of different sizes and widths. It looks really original! Inside, place stemmed flowers, such as roses, carnations or boat orchids. You can give your composition a fresh, country-style flair by adding bows or burlap string. In the image below, we’ll show you a centerpiece made with stemmed red roses, placed in a glass vase.
- At weddings and events, floral centerpieces work well when hung from the ceiling. You can use large-leaf floral compositions, such as preserved gardenias or hydrangeas, combined with greenery and loose branches. It’s a perfect idea that won’t bother guests while creating a unique, lovely atmosphere! Another option is to place different colors of amaranth, suitable for more hippie weddings.
- A one-of-a-kind idea. Create centerpieces using bird cages or fish bowls. These unusual items can give an original touch to the table or area where they’re placed. Inside, you can add a colorful mix of preserved flowers and plants, including a beautiful combination of preserved tuberoses and calla lilies in warm colors, together with little green clusters of ferns, eucalyptus nicoly or ivy.
Below you can see a centerpiece with a lovely combination of preserved flowers.
Floral art has infinite possibilities when it comes to styles, models and compositions. The end result of using centerpieces with preserved flowers depends on the creativity and imagination of every individual.
Flowers for centerpieces
Throughout this post, we’ve named some flowers for centerpieces, with the aim to give you some ideas for creating original centerpieces. However, in this section, we’ll focus on listing the best flowers and plants that you can use, going into greater detail.
The flowers that we adore for centerpieces are the following:
Carnations can make for robust and striking centerpieces. They can be combined like the image above, with two colors to give some contrast.
Roses are considered the most beautiful flowers in the world, so they don’t need to be combined with other flowers in centerpieces. They do all the work on their own, creating unique atmospheres at restaurants, events, etc.!
With lavender alone, you can also create perfect centerpieces, especially for rustic or country-style atmospheres. The result is ideal for decorating events that use these mentioned styles, including farmhouse decoration.
Gardenias are another option for creating centerpieces. They’re capable of creating very charming atmospheres by themselves and with a little greenery. We recommend this type of centerpiece for your home décor.
- A combination of different preserved and fresh products
Combining different products, even preserved and fresh ones, is a good option for creating a spectacular centerpiece. You can mix flowers, greenery and branches, and create striking and original centerpieces, such as the one in the image above.
At Verdissimo, we help you find inspiration with our extensive catalog of preserved plants and flowers, so you can enjoy creating unique centerpieces.
At Verdissimo, you’ll find a huge variety of preserved flowers and plants, and a large team of experts for all your interior decorating needs.
Verdissimo: Discover the beauty of preserved flowers!