Preserved flowers are a key element in interior decorating with plants and even in creating original centerpieces. These products get spectacular results, while offering a great benefit: they don’t wilt or die over time. With minimal care, you can enjoy them for years!
That’s why, as we’ve mentioned, preserved flowers are often used in interior decorating, since one of their most common uses is for making original floral centerpieces.
Verdissimo will give you several useful ideas for making creative centerpieces. In most cases, little details or the use of contrasting materials help generate originality and achieve a striking effect with floral decoration. Dare to create your own custom centerpieces!
Flowers for centerpieces
We list in this post, the best flowers and plants that you can use to create centerpieces with flowers.
The flowers for centerpieces that we love are the following:
Carnations can make for robust and striking centerpieces. They can be combined like the image above, with two colors to give some contrast.
Roses are considered the most beautiful flowers in the world, so they don’t need to be combined with other flowers in centerpieces. They do all the work on their own, creating unique atmospheres at restaurants, events, etc.!
With lavender alone, you can also create perfect centerpieces, especially for rustic or country-style atmospheres. The result is ideal for decorating events that use these mentioned styles, including farmhouse decoration.
Gardenias are another option for creating centerpieces. They’re capable of creating very charming atmospheres by themselves and with a little greenery. We recommend this type of centerpiece for your home décor.
- A combination of different preserved and fresh products
Combining different products, even preserved and fresh ones, is a good option for creating a spectacular centerpiece. You can mix flowers, greenery and branches, and create striking and original centerpieces, such as the one in the image above.
How to make a rose centerpiece
Roses symbolise femininity, fertility, elegance, beauty and passion. There is an authentic language of roses that allows us to express feelings without using words depending on their colour: red symbolises passion, white represents purity and orange signifies friendship. Roses say everything!
Wondering how to make a center with roses? Making a nice centerpiece using roses isn’t as hard as it seems. In this article, we’ll give you the key points for creating one:
- Choose a good product: to attain a lovely rose centerpiece, you must choose good natural roses, such as preserved roses, which are completely natural flowers that maintain their beauty over time without needing hardly any maintenance.
- Choose a nice pot or vase: the pot or vase where you place the rose centerpiece is key. There are many types of pots, including glass, wooden, iron, etc. It’s essential that you choose the one that best fits with the centerpiece and the space.
- Choose the combination of right products: remember that the products you choose to go with the red roses should be suitable. It’s important that these products combine perfectly, including different colored roses, greenery, floral filler, etc.
- Choose the right style: to make a rose centerpiece, you must keep in mind the style of the space. You won’t make the same rose centerpiece for a boho-style event as a romantic dinner, for example.
If you keep in mind all the tips we’ve given you… you’re sure to make the perfect red rose centerpiece!
Their wide range of colours, their size, and their beautiful and delicate shape, make them the perfect element for all kinds of floral decoration. Enjoy creating your own centrepieces for special occasions; you can combine them with everything! Use them to create original Christmas centrepieces, bright creations for parties and birthday celebrations or sophisticated centrepieces with red roses to amaze your guests at private parties.
Here are two original centerpieces that can be created with some of our products.
- Design for a red rose centerpiece combined with greenery
This is a centerpiece that uses a single red rose as the main event, which captures our complete attention. This red rose is ideally combined with greenery, creating the perfect color contrast and textures.
In the picture above you can see a very original flower center, combining different products and very vibrant colors. The result is incredible, striking and impressive!
Many of the centers we have mentioned are suitable for weddings. However, here we show you some other example, such as the center of monochromatic red roses that can be made with roses of many different colors, depending on the style of the ceremony.
- Design for a monochromatic red rose centerpiece
This is a boho-style wedding centerpiece. It’s a very lovely design that combines two types of flowers, unique in texture and shape, but both red.
Ideal for the most sophisticated ceremonies. If you don’t want to recharge the environment, this single-color single-flower centerpiece is a great option. How about?
In this article, we are going to focus on Christmas flower centrepieces, decorative compositions that are present on the majority of tables during this exciting holiday. Now, we are going to talk about 4 Christmas flower centrepieces made with Verdissimo’s preserved plants and flowers.
- Centrepieces with preserved roses
Red roses are perfect for creating Christmas flower centrepieces. In addition, the colours white and blue are also very appropriate for Christmas. Blue symbolises dreams, while white symbolises innocence and purity. These flowers are sufficiently beautiful to be used alone in floral arrangements, although they can be accompanied by foliage.
- Flower centrepieces with preserved orchids
Orchids give a flower centrepiece a sober and elegant touch which is also minimalist. White orchids combine perfectly with different plants and will give a fresh touch to your Christmas decorations.
- Round Centrepieces with carnations
With carnations, you can create round flower centrepieces for any Christmas event. This type of flower arrangement should be monochromatic so that it doesn’t lose the elegance that each one of the carnations bring.
- Centrepieces with eucalyptus
This is one of the most natural Christmas flower centrepieces that exist. You can place it in a wooden container to give the space and the table a more rustic and fresh touch. It is as easy as placing a few branches of eucalyptus with flair into the container that you choose.
Other decorative elements to create Christmas flower decorations:
- Candles: Candles are an essential element at Christmas because they symbolise people’s desires, almost always related to health, love and money.
- Pine cones: Pine cones are elements that are often used for Christmas ornamental decoration, above all in flower centrepieces. Pine cones are the symbol of family unity, hope and immortality, aspects that are really associated with Christmas.
- Bells: Christmas bells are the symbol of joy and represent humanity and the arrival of Jesus.
Verdissimo: Discover the beauty of preserved flowers!