We spend many hours of the day in an office, which is why it’s important to make it a comfortable and pleasant space. Working in a good environment fosters productivity, so every detail must be carefully chosen.
Plants are a key element in decorating offices and they’re not just ornamental. Plants help create an ideal space for completing work tasks. They’re beneficial for workers’ psychological health, reducing stress, promoting a sense of wellbeing and making people feel at home in their workspaces.
For this reason, from Verdissimo – as leading producers of preserved plants and flowers and as decoration lovers – we want to give you some ideas for decorating offices in this post.
Here we’ll give you 6 ideas that will help you learn how to easily decorate a work office.
Keep in mind these ideas and tips, and get to work!
1. Choose wall colors
Choosing wall colors when decorating an office is no easy task. What should you keep in mind? Obviously, you should consider the type of business and the industry you’re in. It’s not the same to decorate a law firm, or a marketing office, or an interior design space, etc. However, the ideal colors for decorating an office according to Feng Shui are the following:
- White and gray: These colors are pure and may be an interesting option for an office in a more “formal” industry, for example: consulting firm, law firm, etc. These colors create neat and clean spaces.
- Green: The color green symbolizes growth, making it a perfect option for a business. In addition, light shades of green are capable of significantly reducing visual fatigue. We love green for industries related to nature, for example: flower shops, pet shops and even tourism offices.
- Lavender: The color lavender is very Ying and is perfect for encouraging mental concentration, which is key for an office. Light shades of lavender are also perfect for offices in many industries, for example: businesses related to fashion and aesthetics.
2. Create clean spaces
An office is a workspace where people must concentrate and make their best efforts. To achieve this, as we’ve previously mentioned, it’s necessary to create a good environment. For this, from Verdissimo, we recommend that you follow the famous “less is more” slogan from Van der Rohe, which creates clean spaces with the right furniture and aims to avoid overloading the space.
3. Select the right style
Before beginning to decorate your office, it’s necessary to select the right style for it. But, how to do this? Keep in mind that depending on the office’s style, you’ll convey one image or another. For this reason, you should consider the industry, among other things. For example, for a law firm, you can opt for more minimalist styles; or for a marketing office, you can be a little bolder and go for more boho styles.
There are a variety of decorative styles: farmhouse, Scandinavian, Nordic, minimalist, sailor, boho-chic, country-style, rustic, etc.
Some decorative styles that are in style this season for office decoration are the following:
- Minimalist style: This style is for decorating modern offices. With this style, you can create clean and harmonious spaces. Usually, neutral colors are used.
- Nordic style: The Nordic or Scandinavian style is also a very clean style that uses neutral colors, especially whites and grays. However, sometimes it uses small color accents to create more vibrant spaces.
- Boho style: This style is less suitable for decorating offices. However, for some industries such as fashion, flower shops, etc. it may be just right. It’s achieved by using vibrant colors and combining different textures.
If you want to learn more about decorative styles, we recommend reading the article: “Top decorative styles,” which talks about some of the decorative styles in style this season.
4. Decorate walls
Decorating the walls plays an important role in decorating offices and firms. You can hang pictures or shelves, or even vertical gardens with preserved moss.
These vertical gardens with preserved moss have become very trendy for decorating offices, as well as restaurants, clothing stores, etc. That’s because they’re capable of giving a natural touch and great color to any space.
They’re a wonderful idea for adding a green and fresh flair to your office!
5. Decorate with trees and flowers
For decorating offices, just like decorating homes and other spaces, we recommend using trees and plants.
Both trees and flowers are capable of creating very natural environments, while also adding color to spaces: green, lilac, pink, yellow, etc.
Usually, trees are used to decorate offices in corners, entryways, interior patios, etc., while flowers are used to decorate tables and shelves.
Some products that we recommend for decorating offices include:
- Preserved bonsais. There’s nothing like a decorative bonsai to boost your desk, shelf or your office’s waiting room. A Procumbes bonsai is perfect for any space.
- Prince of Wales Tree. Both for its shape and its height (1.6 or 1 m), this delicate tree from Asia gives an exotic touch that uplifts the serious atmosphere of any office.
- Preserved moss. As we’ve previously mentioned, vertical gardens using preserved moss are visual, modern and attractive. Nowadays, they’ve become the top decorative resource for interior designers to create green graffiti, floral compositions and surprising greenery. Other varieties, such as moss balls, instantly energize empty or gloomy spaces.
- Fan palms. Trees with great ornamental value. Fan palms from Verdissimo are available in several sizes (1.40 – 1.90 and 2.40 m) to adapt to all kinds of spaces. It’s a great option for decorating with palms.
- Fox Tail: Used in business centers, it’s good for placing front and center by creating a small garden.
- Cheesewood: This Oceanic and Asiatic greenery element is used in large-sized compositions.
- Papyrus: Papyrus is suitable for decorating offices. It can be placed in small pots or crystal vases.
- Lavender: This plant is very striking due to its purple color. It can be tied as branches with natural fibers, placed in a glass vase, or used in any room for a fresh and relaxing touch.
6. Use preserved products
Wondering what are the best products for decorating an office? From Verdissimo, we know all products (natural and artificial) have their perks and drawbacks. But, have you heard of preserved products?
They’re the perfect products for decorating offices for several reasons. First, these products are completely natural, making them as beautiful as freshly-cut products. In addition, they require hardly any maintenance, so you don’t have to worry about caring for them. They also don’t need light or water to survive!
Preserved products, considering their lack of maintenance and lifespan (months or even years), are very affordable.
Now that you know how to decorate an office, you have no excuses. Don’t forget about the aesthetic of your office. As we’ve previously mentioned, your office projects a specific image of your business.
Lastly, if you have a small space to create a studio or office, and you don’t know how to decorate a small office, remember to use light colors, since they give the space more depth. In addition, buy the right furniture to create walkways, don’t overload the environment and divide the space into sections by strategically placing the furniture.
Verdissimo | Discover the beauty of preserved flowers!