There is nothing like coming home and seeing that the special rose your partner gave you on Saint Valentine’s Day is still as beautiful as it was the day you got it! Or, that your centrepiece of gardenias and hydrangeas hasn’t withered and is still part of the living room floral decoration! Your flowers still have the beauty and the colour they had the first day, even though time has passed. Why? Because they are preserved flowers.
Verdissimo’s preserved plants are 100% natural products, which are long-lasting and practically maintenance-free. Not only are they ecological but, thanks to the fact that they are excellent value for money, they will save you lots of money too. In addition, you can choose many varieties to make your floral art compositions from an extensive and elaborate selection of preserved flowers, plants and trees.
What is the floral preservation process?
The preservation treatment, which is carried out using a 100% biodegradable plant liquid, allows plants to maintain their original characteristics, colour and texture for a long time. In this way, you can enjoy your floral art compositions without needing to water or replace them often.
Preservation is a completely natural process that consists of several phases:
- The cultivated flowers are cut when they are most beautiful and luscious.
- Once the flowers are cut, the stems are put into a preserving liquid.
- For several days, the flower absorbs the preserving liquid through its stem until the sap is completely replaced by the preserving liquid.
- Once the process is complete, each flower undergoes a careful selection process during which imperfect flowers are discarded and dry or damaged leaves and petals are removed.
- The preserved flower is ready to be enjoyed for a long time!
Thanks to this process, a high-quality product is obtained, which is perfect for making long-lasting and original floral compositions. And, of course, they result in big savings, as preserved flowers and plants are long-lasting products that also don’t need special maintenance or care. As we will see.
How to take care for a preserved flower or plant?
With minimal care you can enjoy your preserved flowers for many months or even years. This is one of the main advantages of these indoor flowers, which do not need water, fertilizer or sunlight.
The only requirement to maintain all of their beauty is to keep them out of direct sunlight so they don’t discolour and dust them every now and then with a tissue or a hairdryer, taking care not to damage their delicate petals.
With these simple tips you can maintain your preserved flowers and plants in good condition for a long time:
- Do not put them in water. Remember, they are treated plants and they are not alive, even if they look like they are.
- You should keep them out of humid places or environments. In coastal or rainy areas where humidity is very high, you should keep them away from places where air enters or where there are ventilation grilles.
- Don’t put them in places where they will be in direct sunlight. Preserved flowers should not be exposed to the sun for prolonged periods.
- You shouldn’t press, bend or squash the petals or stems. They are delicate and can be damaged easily.
Preservation makes it possible to have all kinds of highly ornamental interior decoration. Don’t forget that they are natural plants, which have undergone a preservation process so that they maintain their beauty without withering and without needing maintenance.
Ecological, economic, beautiful, long-lasting, versatile…Verdissimo’s preserved flowers and plants are perfect for decorating and for giving as a gift.
At Verdissimo you will find an incredible variety of preserved flowers and plants and a great team of advisors for your interior decoration.
Verdissimo: Discover the beauty of preserved flowers!