Today we are going to talk about a unique, beautiful and striking flower: the carnation. Carnations come from the Mediterranean and they are one of the most representative flowers of Spain. There are more than 250 species. We have included carnations in our catalogue as they are one of the most popular varieties by lovers of floral art.
At Verdissimo you will find beautiful varieties of preserved carnations, with large, silky petals in a great variety of colours. They are perfect for bridal bouquets, centrepieces and all kinds of floral compositions. Would you like to instantly enhance any impersonal and dull corner? Give it life immediately with a beautiful centrepiece of preserved red carnations!
The origin and characteristics of carnations
The scientific name of the carnation is Dianthus Caryophyllus. It’s one of the most beautiful flowers, thanks to its colourful flowers with jagged edges.
This flower can be found in different colours: reds, whites, pinks and oranges.
Together with the preserved rose, and regardless of the colour, the carnation is one of Verdissimo’s most popular products due to its undeniable beauty and charm, and because of its symbolism and its close relationship with ornamental decoration.
The meaning of red carnations
The red carnation is, probably, the most popular variety, perhaps because of their intensity, charisma and beauty. But, what is the real meaning of red carnations?
- The red carnation is related to the expression of feelings like esteem, affection, admiration and love.
- Giving a bouquet of red carnations tells the other person that you love them and that you feel something special for them.
- However, paradoxically, red carnations are also related to death, as they are used in offerings and wreaths that adorn funerals and cemeteries.
- The colour red is the tone that best reflects the profound admiration of another person.
- Red carnations transmit feelings of affection and passion. What better gift for a loved one than a bouquet of intense red carnations?
- They also serve to express happiness. This is why they are the most symbolic flowers at festive events like the Seville Fair or El Rocío pilgrimage.
- One last meaning of carnations is that of evocation. Their presence remind us clearly of a friend or family member that we are very close to or of someone who we love but who isn’t there.
Carnations in floral decoration
With red carnations, beautiful and striking floral arrangements can be created to decorate any room in your home and to strengthen Mediterranean decoration. Red carnations add the freshness and warmth necessary to each kind of space to create ambiences typical of the Iberian Peninsula, ambiences full of vitality and colour.
Carnations: An in-fashion trend
Red carnations are used a lot in the creation of floral headdresses and belts. As we told you in the post “Floral belts: The new trend in accessories”, carnations are perfect for combining with other plants and/or flowers because they make fashion accessories that are really elegant, natural and special.
Currently, these kinds of accessories have become really fashionable for many ceremonies like day weddings, where floral headdresses, crowns or belts are capable of attracting all the attention.
The experience and advice of Verdissimo’s advisors can serve as a great help to you so that you can choose the flowers and leaves that combine the best with your preserved carnations. Remember that for any bunch, bouquet, centrepiece or floral art composition, carnations are always a perfect option!
At Verdissimo you will find an incredible variety of preserved flowers and plants and a great team of advisors for your interior decoration.
Verdissimo: Discover the beauty of preserved flowers!