Spring flowers brighten up your home. Spring has just arrived and this is evident all around us: longer days, the winter cold is beginning to ease off, and we look in our closets for more cheerful and brightly coloured clothes.
One of the most striking characteristics of the new season is the blooming of flowers in trees and plants. The streets look smart and the gardens and parks are a true spectacle of beauty and colour.
Flowers make us happy and help us to see things positively. And what better way to perfume and refresh our home than with the finest spring flowersspring flowers?
At Verdissimo we want to fill your home with colour and joy. For more than 25 years we have been specialists in floral conservation and in Floral Art. Come and visit us and discover the beauty of our floral decorations with fresh flowers or dried flowers. Preserved flowers can keep their fresh and natural appearance for months or years. They are perfect for long-lasting decorations and they don’t need to be maintained!
Today, in order to celebrate the new season, we would like to present to you the 5 most extraordinary spring plants:
1. Anthurium There is no better way to forget winter and to welcome spring to your home than with a stunning anthurium. This tropical plant, with its vibrant colours, will fill your home with life and freshness. They are indoor plants and thrive just as well in flowerpots as they do in large pots where they are mixed with other ornamental plants. This plant cannot tolerate the cold and needs to be watered constantly. It is a perfect ornamental plant thanks to its sinuous form and alluring smell.
2. Dracaena Fragrans [Corn Plant]. This plant, also tropical, is evergreen. However, in spring it becomes a very special ornamental plant as its minimal look with a Zen air will give your home a fresh and relaxed ambience. This plant can be kept outdoors or indoors. The only requirement in both cases is that it is not exposed to direct sunlight. It can tolerate high temperatures and cannot tolerate cold temperatures. This plant does not need a lot of water; it is sufficient to water it every two weeks approximately.
3. Cup of Gold Vine. Creeper plants liven and brighten up your garden. This spring garden plant grows very quickly and its branches will easily climb any surface. Their golden yellow colour will fill your home with life. Another of its benefits is that it provides freshness during the warm seasons. They are ideal for outdoors and, as they are climbers, they will decorate and cover walls and those “forgotten parts” like rusty or chipped railings. They can be exposed directly to sunlight without problems.
4. Geranium. Geraniums are one of the hardiest evergreen plants that we know of. Their variety of forms and colours has made them the kings of patios and gardens. Their scent does not come from the flower but from the essential oils that are found in their leaves. Geraniums can adapt to any kind of soil with the only condition being that they are not exposed to too much moisture.
5. Ferns. Although they do not have flowers, the Boston Fern is one of the most prized plants in home interior decoration. Their fine, slender leaves and their intense green colour provide colour and freshness to any indoor space. To show this plant’s full beauty, it is best to hang it. This beautiful and elegant plant will give importance to any indoor or outdoor space. Protect from direct sunlight.
Verdissimo | Young Forever