White Roses: What Do They Mean?
White roses are the symbol of innocence and purity. Brides usually choose roses of this colour to make their bridal bouquet. However, the meaning of white roses encompasses much more. From Verdissimo, the largest producer of preserved flowers and plants, we will tell you the secrets of these flowers and, also, we’ll tell you the best times to give someone a bouquet of white roses.
What do white roses symbolize?
Roses in this colour symbolize innocence, charm and purity. It’s for this reason that in many weddings these flowers are the stars of the ceremony. Also, they represent the loyalty that exists between the bride and groom, together with the pure, sincere, happy and eternal love between the couple.
These flowers also symbolize what one person thinks of another and the fullness and satisfaction that they feel being at this person’s side. This is why these flowers are often given to sick people because it’s a way of saying to them that you love them and that you are thinking of them.
Also, white roses are the most important flowers for floral art, together with chrysanthemums and carnations.
When should I give white roses?
If you have ever asked yourself when is the best time to give white roses, this article is going to help you. Due to the symbolism of these flowers in this colour, there are three key moments:
White roses are the quintessential flowers for any wedding ceremony because of their meaning, and are used both in the ornamental decoration and in the bridal bouquet. They represent the pure union between the bride and groom and the eternal loyalty between them. If you are responsible for organising the bridal bouquet, think of white roses…you won’t go wrong! Also, you can use preserved white roses so that they last for a long time and the bride can keep a memento of one of the most special days of her life.
Anniversaries are another suitable time for giving white roses. You can add a birthday card to the flowers, which will make the birthday boy/girl feel special. Anniversaries are usually important moments for everybody, and who doesn’t like getting nice things on their birthday? Give a bouquet of white roses to that special somebody, and they’ll definitely thank you.
At some countries, due to the meaning of white roses, white roses are a great choice for funerals because they symbolize hope, purity and the promise of heaven. You can give a bouquet of white flowers or a single flower. Also, it’s said that these flowers in a funeral represent both a new beginning and condolences for the family, esteem and appreciation. You can use them on the seats of the church, in flower centrepieces, in crosses, in wreaths…
How to make a White roses bouquet
We are going to explain in a simple way, how to make a preserved roses bouquet:
- Buy the roses. Preserved roses have the same color and beauty as the live species. Our varieties of Standard Rose and Mini Stem Rose are ideal for bouquets. For the perfect pairing, choose some fern leaves. As they are preserved specimens you don’t have to worry about their care, which is limited to cleaning the dust from them and keeping them away from direct sunlight.
- Stem cleaning. Although preserved roses usually come prepared, it can be appropriate to clean the stem, removing thorns and protruding leaves. The white preserved roses are cut to equal height with a couple of scissor cuts. Also, clean the fern branches.
- Fixing preserved roses. To prevent them from breaking or bending, secure each flower with strong thread or wire. Go through the rose’s calyx and go through the stem as if it were a spiral.
- Placement of the everlasting roses. Once the stem is clean and fixed, the roses are gathered one by one following a concentric shape. Be careful not to break the stems, form half a sphere. Tie the bunch with a rubber band or string.
- Cover the wire with clean ferns. That way you will prevent the internal hold of the roses from showing.
- Bouquet lining. The stems where the bouquet roses are held is covered with a wide ribbon made out of natural fabric, satin, or something similar. Finally, the stems are cut so they are even.
You can make beautiful white preserved roses bouquets in this simple and practical way. With our preserved roses you’ll have the possibility of keeping this composition for a long time without it spoiling, keeping its appearance like the first day.
In Verdissimo you’ll find an immense variety of preserved plants and flowers and a great team of consultants for your interior decoration.
Verdissimo | Discover the beauty of preserved flowers!
Verdissimo: Discover the beauty of preserved flowers!