As you may know, roses come in a variety of colors: from red, yellow, pink, black and even violet. The lilac or violet rose is an unknown flower for many people, which is why at Verdissimo we want to tell you all about it in this post: from its origin, to the meaning behind the lilac rose, to the perfect moment to give it as a gift.
Origin of the lilac rose
The origin of lilac roses does not go back many centuries. This is one of the “new” available rose varieties. In reality, flowers in this color are a hybrid between Asian and European roses, which are two well-known rose varieties.
Meaning behind the lilac rose
The meaning behind roses depends greatly on their color. The main meaning of lilac roses is life. This rose variety is associated with eternity and long life. Generally speaking, the meaning behind the lilac rose is considered positive and symbolizes not just life, but also happiness, quality of life and health.
As you can see, all the meanings behind roses in this color are nice and positive.
But, when should you give these flowers as gifts? In the next section of this post, we’ll give you some ideas!
The perfect moment to give lilac roses as gifts
Keeping in mind the meaning of the lilac rose, we’ll tell you the best times to give these flowers as gifts:
- After overcoming an illness: giving a lilac rose or a bouquet of lilac roses is a perfect idea if one of your loved ones has suffered an illness or is in frail health.
- For an anniversary: although red roses are typically given, since they symbolize passion, lilac roses are a good idea because they also mean happiness. So, they’re a good way to tell your partner how happy you are together.
- For the birth of a child: there’s no better time to give lilac roses than at the birth of a child. This is because both babies and roses in this color symbolize life and fulfillment.
Preserved lilac roses
At Verdissimo, we have different preserved lilac roses available. Find out more about them!
- Princess Rose: you can find it in lilac and purple.
- Mini Rose: just like the Princess Rose, you can find it in lilac and purple.
- Medium Rose: the Medium Rose is only available in lilac.
- Standard Rose: this is another rose variety available in lilac and purple.
- Extra Rose: at Verdissimo, you can find this variety in lilac.
- Premium Rose: this is another rose we have in lilac and purple.
- King Rose: this rose variety is only available in purple.
Verdissimo | Discover the beauty of preserved flowers!