Weddings are no longer a seasonal affair, which means that any month may be chosen for beginning preparations: attire, venues for the ceremony and reception, list of invitees, and of course, choosing the bridal bouquet.
In general, flowers play a special role in weddings whether at the church (or any other place where the ceremony is held) or as centerpieces at the reception—we recommend the article “Wedding Centerpieces”—in hair accessories worn by female guests, decorations in the banquet hall, and obviously we can’t forget the bridal bouquet.
In this article we’re going to focus on bridal bouquets since a nice preserved bridal bouquet can be the center of attention if the flowers and greenery are chosen with care and skill.
Flowers for bridal bouquets
From Verdissimo, the leading producer of preserved plants and flowers, we present four perfect flowers for creating preserved bridal bouquets. Each one of these products is suitable for a floral composition in a certain color.
Below, we’ll give details about these flowers:
These are the most beautiful, highly-demanded flowers in the world. At Verdissimo we have roses in many colors, but for a ceremony we recommend white roses since they symbolize purity and innocence, as we explained in our article, “White roses: what do they signify?”. However, more brides are daring to use more vibrant roses, especially red roses or even blue roses for boho-style weddings.
These are the most suitable flowers if you want to create an elegant and sophisticated bridal bouquet. Our favorite color for a bouquet of gardenias is white (like roses), as well as light pink, which is a sweet and romantic color ideal for more classic and vintage brides. However, depending on the style of the wedding and dress, you can create beautiful bouquets with gardenias in other colors.
These flowers create very romantic compositions thanks to their warm colors, their shape, and their perfect dimensions. These flowers symbolize nature and simplicity, and for this reason many couples opt for hortensias (also known as hydrangeas) for the most important day of their lives.
The orchid is considered to be one of the most opulent, sophisticated and glamourous flowers in the world. They also represent femininity, which is why they are perfect for brides. Orchids are perfect for making cascading bouquets, although they look just as beautiful in any kind of bouquet. They keep well without water for quite a while, which is why they are also ideal for making many different floral compositions.
Chrysanthemum are a safe bet. These beautiful and resistant flowers are increasingly being used in bridal bouquets. Due to their extensive range of colours, they are very versatile and perfect for any kind of floral composition.
With these flowers, you can create bridal bouquets for your dream wedding.
Other options for bridal bouquets
Traditionally, bridal bouquets are made with flowers, usually with one of those we’ve mentioned above, or by combining several flowers in different colors.
However, in recent years, we’ve been seeing more brides opt for bouquets using eucalyptus, among others, which gives off a rustic and country-style effect. This is perfect for weddings using this style.
Also, oftentimes branches are mixed with flowers to create different, natural and simple bouquets.
This change in bouquet trends shows that more women are choosing current styles, especially those that define more millennial brides.
Meaning of the flowers in the bridal bouquet
Each flower has a special meaning in a bride’s bouquet:
- Red roses: Passion
- Yellow Roses: Friendship
- White Roses: Purity
- Lavender: Attraction
- Orchids: Beauty
- Sunflower: Strength and energy
- Orange Blossom: Represents innocence and chastity
- White Tulip: Elegance and perfect love
- White Hydrangeas: Bravery, fighting spirit, determination
- White Anemones: The mystery of eternal love
- Calla Lilies: Elegance, nobility, simplicity
- Lilies of the Valley: Fidelity and fortune
- White Peonies: Sincerity and happiness
- White Daisies: Innocence
How to choose bridal bouquet
Choosing the bouquet flowers is very important and is based principally on choosing the perfect plants and flowers.
Nevertheless, there’s more to choosing a wedding bouquet than just selecting the flowers that you like; it’s a much more complex decision that should take into account the following:
- Your own style: you have to be faithful to your personal style so that the bouquet of flowers feels like it’s really your own. If you’re the adventurous type, then a ‘wild’ design with a mix of flowers and fillers could be the right style for you. On the other hand, if your personality is more chic and cosmopolitan, you might be more interested in a wedding bouquet consisting of hortensias or an orchid bridal bouquet, or one consisting of roses, etc.
- Your dress: the shape of your dress, the fabric that it’s made of, etc., are things to take into account before selecting the bouquet. If the dress is lacy, it will have more of a bohemian touch to it, and the bouquet should be selected accordingly. On the other hand, if the dress is crepe-style or has a boat neckline, for example, then the preserved bridal bouquet will have to be much more chic.
- The wedding’s style: the style of your wedding, which should be closely related to your own style and your dress, should definitely be kept in mind. Both the colors of the preserved flowers in the bouquet and the flowers decorating the ceremony venue and the reception are determined by the style of the wedding: bohemian, boho-chic, Mediterranean, minimalist, industrial, etc.
- The location of the celebration: the flowers and plants in your bouquet should be chosen with the wedding locale in mind. Whether it’s an open air affair, inside a closed space, in a country-themed location or an urban one, etc., will determine the appropriate style.
Preserved flowers for bridal bouquets
In several articles, we’ve mentioned how to use floral decoration. However, now from Verdissimo, we want to tell you why we recommend using preserved plants and flowers for bridal bouquets. These products will last much longer, while requiring little maintenance as they don’t need any water or light.
Why use preserved flowers on my wedding day?
Preservation is an advanced technical process whereby fresh flowers are cut when they are in their prime and they then go through an absorption process of a preserving liquid. This preserving liquid is natural, ecological, and biodegradable and it substitutes the fresh sap in the plants.
This is how flowers and plants that have undergone this process conserve their natural beauty and original appearance for months or even years.
Needing hardly any maintenance, we have a floral arrangement that is as beautiful as fresh flowers and that will not wither within a few days.
Floral compositions, and floral art in general, evolves with the possibility of using the preservation technique on flowers and plants.
In this sense, Verdissimo is a pioneer in work with preserved flowers, elevating this technique to levels of great quality and naturalness.
Can you imagine your bridal bouquet lasting for a long period of time? Now, with floral preservation it is no longer a dream, but a reality.
Don’t hesitate! Now that you know which are the most suitable flowers for bouquets and all the advantages of preserved products… choose a bridal bouquet with preserved flowers that will last forever! You’ll enjoy the memory for a long time.
And remember that at Verdissimo, you can buy preserved flowers and other products such as branches, trees, etc.
Verdissimo | Discover the beauty of preserved flowers!