Any florist’s dream is, without doubt, to attend one of the many courses given by the Flower Design School in New York. The school was founded in 2003 by Eileen Johnson, a lover of flowers and current Creative Director, and since then it has become a world leader in the area of floral art.
The Flower School of New York is the most prestigious in the floral art and flower design sector in this cosmopolitan city and one of the most acclaimed in the world. Located right in the middle of New York, it is world-renowned and the school’s students are highly valued by the most important firms connected to the world of floral art.
The Flower School offers a wide range of floral design and composition classes and courses, both for amateurs and professionals in the trade at every level. Among its offerings are many workshops and even courses abroad in establishments that participate in their internship programme. The best designers and florists in the world give classes at the Flower School.
People of all kinds who are interested in floral decoration attend this centre to begin or perfect their learning. These are some of the courses and workshops that are offered in the Flower School:
- Basic principles of the selection and care of flowers. How to clean them and how to treat them so they last longer.
- Characteristics of soft-stemmed flowers and hard-stemmed flowers, their care and preservation.
- Compositions with different types of flowers according to the size, proportions and balance between them.
- Stands and the most appropriate sizes for each composition: vases, pots, containers…
- Traditional bouquet arrangements, like the Dutch bouquet, distributing the elements uniformly, in a way that looks organised and that flows.
- Review of the floral market: where to find the best prices and products.
- Single subject course on floral arrangements for wedding ceremonies: bridal bouquet, decoration of the hall or restaurant, small gifts for the groom, best man, bridesmaids, guests…
- How to decorate a room for a funeral, using the flowers to create a sober and serene ambience.
Thanks to these courses the student can develop their own floral decoration and design style. They also acquire photography skills to make their own reports.
At Verdissimo you will find an incredible variety of preserved flowers and plants and a great team of advisors for your interior decoration.
Verdissimo: Discover the beauty of preserved flowers!