Last February 23 and 24, the Spanish Floral Art Cup was held in Gijon.
From Verdissimo, the leading producer of preserved plants and flowers, we’ll tell you all about the event in this article: what the Spanish Floral Art Cup is, what our role was at the event and who was the winner, among other things.
What is the Spanish Floral Art Cup?
The Spanish Floral Art Cup is a floral art competition for florists with extensive professional experience, who participate with the aim to show their talents in different tests throughout the competition.
Each one of the tests is related to and inspired by the culture where the event takes place, in this case, Gijon.
The six tests carried out were the following:
- “Natural Paradise” plant composition: held on February 23 at 10:00 a.m. on the porticos of the Fairgrounds and Convention Center.
- “A dream in your hand” handheld bouquet: held on February 23 at 1:00 p.m. in the Exposition Hall.
- “In Homage of the Horizon” large-scale composition: held on February 23 at 4:30 p.m. in the Exhibition Hall.
- “Savoring Asturias” centerpiece: held on February 24 at 11:00 a.m. in the Exhibition Hall.
- “Inspiration for a bride” wedding composition: held on February 24 at 4:00 p.m. in the Assembly Hall.
- Surprise task by Verdissimo: held on February 24 at 5:15 p.m. in the Assembly Hall.
It’s very important to us to highlight the last test completed by participants, only using preserved products.
The participants had to create a floral work of art with materials provided by Verdissimo. They were given 6 types of hats and had to choose one to complete the task.
Some of the products provided by Verdissimo were the following:
- Preserved flowers: among the preserved flowers that stand out, there were garden roses, one of our latest products, rose heads, tuberoses, gardenias and hydrangeas.
- Fillers: the most common fillers were bear grass, fern, ivy and amaranth, among others.
What was Verdissimo’s role at the Spanish Floral Art Cup?
Verdissimo had different roles at the Spanish Floral Art Cup.
First of all, we attended as an event sponsor. However, in addition to being a sponsor, we also provided products, as we mentioned earlier, for the participants to complete the sixth test of the competition.
Lastly, Verdissimo had one of the event stands, where we could show all the latest preserved flowers and plants and some of the main product varieties, their uses and possibilities.
We were able to show the beauty of preserved products, which are 100% natural and ecological, and maintain their beauty over time thanks to the stabilizzation process undergone at Verdissimo. All these products are perfect for floral art and interior decoration because, as we mentioned, they remain in perfect condition without needing water or light.
However, they also can be used to decorate short outdoor events.
If you want to know what kind of projects can be completed using preserved products from Verdissimo, we recommend you check out all our decoration projects: shops, restaurants, airports, shopping centers and much more.
Who was the winner of the Spanish Floral Art Cup?
The winner of the Spanish Floral Art Cup 2018 was Carles Jubany, who will be the representative at the European Floral Art Cup taking place in Poland in 2020, an event where the best florists across Europe will compete.
Verdissimo | Discover the beauty of preserved flowers!