Updos with flowers have become a must-have this season, especially for women who want a romantic or boho chic look.
There are numerous types of updos with flowers that you can choose from, so here at Verdissimo, we’ve selected some updos that we adore to inspire you. We hope you will love them too!
- Half updo with flowers
This half updo in the image above is perfect for a romantic look. There are flowers shaped into a tiara and the red color matches with the greenery, creating the ideal contrast. Also, it has a subtle braid to give it a more boho touch. We suggest you create it with small red roses, which are considered the most beautiful flowers in the world. Dare to try it?
- Loose hair with flowers
Another very popular hairdo with flowers is loose hair. Every day, more women are daring to wear their hair like this to events because it gives a very youthful and casual touch. The flowers can be worn on the top part of the head or even on the side. Regarding the color of the flowers, you can wear the same shade of your dress, creating a monochromatic look, or another color to create contrast.
- Updo with braids
Braids aren’t out of style! We can see this in the image above, which shows a head full of braids and floral details. Here at Verdissimo, for this type of hairdo, we suggest using branches and greenery rather than flowers. Flowers are so eye-catching that it may “overload” the hairdo too much.
- A bun for the most daring
Many of us won’t dare to wear this updo. However, if you have a rustic or country-style wedding, it’s a good option. You only need to select the most suitable branches or greenery, or those you like best, and place them in the lower part of your head. Although it’s daring… we love the result!
- A romantic hairdo with flowers
In the image above, we’ve chosen another loose hairdo that we like a lot. Specifically, it’s perfect for girls on their first communion, or even brides and guests. It’s a very sweet and romantic hairdo with flowers and it gives you the option to use all types of flowers.
Tips for creating a good updo with flowers
From Verdissimo, the leading producer of preserved flowers and plants, we’ll give you a few tips so you create a good updo with flowers:
- Use preserved flowers and plants: Here at Verdissimo, we suggest you use our products because they’re 100% natural, so they’ll look much prettier. Also, although these products normally are used for interior decoration, they’re also used for decoration or accessories at events because they’re capable of maintaining their beauty without needing light or water.
- Choose the right flowers and plants: Before selecting the updo and the flowers you want to use, keep in mind that your dress and style should match the flowers and plants. For example, in a minimal and sophisticated look, avoid flowers such as roses, gardenias, etc. since they’re better for boho looks, as we’ve mentioned previously.
- Consider the event: What type of event is it? Where is the event? At what time of year? During the day or at night? You have to answer these questions and more for your updo with flowers to be suitable. For example, there are perfect flowers and plants for fall, others for spring, etc.
- Use professionals: Many of you likely have a knack for creating updos. However, if not, we suggest you go to a professional in the beauty industry with the flowers you want, so they make sure your updo dazzles at the event.
Events for wearing updos with flowers
There are many events that you can wear an updo with flowers to, though normally these events are during the day and not at night. Some of these events include:
- Day weddings: though you can wear an understated flower to a night wedding, day weddings are the perfect moment for wearing updos with flowers.
- Communions: Communions are also a good time, especially for girls to wear hairdos with white flowers.
- Birthdays: If you’re having a birthday party… surprise all the guests with a pretty updo with flowers!
- Anniversaries: Anniversaries are also a good time to wear updos with flowers, especially with red roses.
Every day, we see more women wearing updos with flowers to events that we’ve just mentioned and… they’re more in style than ever!
However, if you don’t dare to wear an updo with flowers, you can always opt for headbands with flowers, they’re also a hit!
Attire that matches an updo with flowers
You can’t focus too much on the ideal attire to match an updo with flowers. However, we recommend, as we’ve mentioned previously, that the flowers you choose go with your outfit and above all, if you select very eye-catching flowers, that your outfit is as subtle as possible to not “overload” the look.
Lastly, from Verdissimo, we want to remind you that every day there are more bridal hairdos with flowers and plants, mostly for boho weddings. So if you’re thinking of getting married or you’re already looking for the hairdo at your wedding, you can also choose one of the options we included at the beginning of this article.
We hope you’ve been inspired to wear an updo with flowers, perfect for any event. If there is any hairdo that you like and want to share with us… don’t hesitate to let us know!
At Verdissimo, we love discovering hairdos that can be created with our products, both with preserved plants and flowers.
Verdissimo | Discover the beauty of preserved flowers!