What is floral design? How is floral art made? In this post, we’ll answer both these questions and many others about floral art and design. At Verdissimo, a leading producer of preserved plants and flowers, we adore floral decoration and that’s why, in this article, we want to tell you about a few ideas for floral designs using preserved flowers, the best option for interior decoration.
What is floral design?
Floral design is the art of combining different floral products to brighten up spaces at home, at work, etc. At Verdissimo, we know these designs are key for decorating spaces in a personal way, and also, for creating dreamy atmospheres.
Floral design is used to create harmonious and bright spaces, with stress-free and relaxed atmospheres. The presence of plants provides this cozy, comfortable and fresh vibe, which encourages concentration, relaxation and wellness.
Floral compositions and natural plants enhance the space and contribute to minimalist, romantic, cozy and professional atmospheres.
How is floral design created?
It’s not always possible to make floral compositions or enjoy plants within interior spaces. That’s because natural plants need care and special conditions to maintain their beauty without dying.
The solution is to replace natural living plants for natural preserved plants. Preserved plants from Verdissimo maintain the same beautiful look of natural plants or fresh-cut flowers, without the inconvenience. This makes it the preferred option by decorators and interior designers!
Remember that preserved flowers can’t receive direct sunlight!
Preserved flowers from Verdissimo let you make all kinds of compositions: from a monochrome floral arrangement that uses all kinds of exotic flowers, to delicate bridal bouquets and striking centerpieces for wedding floral decoration, gift baskets, etc.
Preserved flowers are natural, ecological and affordable products. They don’t need special care, light or watering.
The preservation process is 100% natural, which lets you enjoy the natural beauty of these flowers and plants for many months and even years. That’s why preserved plants and flowers from Verdissimo are the perfect option for decorating any interior space.
Floral design trends
New decorative trends are going for airy, seductive and bright spaces. Gone are the houses and businesses overwhelmed with furniture and decoration. Current interior designers prefer “less is more.” This means fewer decorative elements, but those with high-quality that are placed to showcase their value. Also, it means a great deal of indoor flowers and plants as the main aesthetic factors.
But, do you know the trends in flower arranging this year? Here we tell you the main trends in floral design this season:
- Vintage. Vintage fashion is in full swing. This year we return to the 70’s, to the spirit of “flower power”, with its romanticism, peaceful protest, peace and love. In the 70’s, daisies and roses were popular, as were large bouquets of multi-coloured flowers or bouquets of white flowers.
- Minimal. The minimalist trend in decoration is also seen in gardens and floral decorations. Exquisitely simple arrangements but with all the beauty and allure of fresh or preserved flowers.
- Pastel colours and warm tones. Pastel tones together with vintage are two of the strongest trends in floral decoration. This year’s brides also opt for whites, creams, and pastel tones. The most suitable flowers for this type of style are roses, calla lilies, hydrangeas, or irises.
- Customised designs. À la carte floral arrangements continue to be cutting edge. Customised orders are increasingly popular in order to create a different atmosphere or effect: traditional, casual, romantic, retro, contemporary, etc.
- Centrepieces. Centrepieces have been reinvented. At wedding celebrations or when receiving guests in your home, preparing centrepieces is a riskier bet. The aim is to surprise, to offer something different. For example, candelabras with a floral finishing in different forms and styles, reversed vases, or a mixture of forms and textures. Power to originality!
- Illuminated flowers. Lighting can create incredible effects on floral arrangements at night. Perfect for the wedding dance, or to create an intimate ambience at an outdoor soirée, mixed with candles or coloured LEDs.
- Mixture of forms and textures. Floral arrangements in nests or bird cages, glassware and trendy centrepieces.
Floral design ideas
In this section, we’ll tell you about some floral design ideas that may help you decorate events, rooms of your home or your workspace. If you’re thinking about giving a fresh and personal touch to a space, pay careful attention to the floral design ideas below:
We suggest a simple idea that can fill up a space perfectly. This floral design entails placing preserved roses in a white wicker basket. The roses can be any color you wish, though you should keep in mind that this color should go with the rest of the space. In this example, we used white flowers, the perfect idea for creating romantic and pure atmospheres.
Roses and stones
Floral art for more “boho” spaces! The idea is to combine roses in a bed of stones that you choose yourself. The roses can be any color, though striking colors like pink and red fit perfectly in boho decoration, and even Mediterranean decoration. It’s a very simple floral design that you can use as a centerpiece, on a shelf, etc.
In this floral arrangement, the black color of the rose plays an important role. The idea is to combine a black rose with materials of other colors to create contrast. This design is perfect for more sophisticated and elegant spaces, and we love it for decorating offices, studios, etc. It’s very simple and you only need a glass vase or bowl to make it.
Greenery and filler
You can combine greenery and filler as you like to give a country-style feel to spaces. We love this with vases of all kinds: glass, wood, ceramic, etc. The idea is to combine products that were freshly picked from the field, to add naturalness and freshness to spaces. In the image above, you can see an example of greenery with subtle color accents: yellow, lilac and white.
Are you wondering if it’s better to combine two products for floral art? Why not! Our example below is very simple: two types of products placed in a vase, ready to decorate more Nordic spaces. They’re subtle, fresh and natural, which is why we recommend using products like eucalyptus.
If you want to create your own floral designs to decorate interior spaces, we suggest you use our preserved products. These products are completely natural and last over time without needing water or light. Find out all the advantages of preserved flowers for your floral designs!
Masters of floral design
If you follow our blog, you’ll stay up to date on the best floral designers in recent years. In our designers section, we’ve talked about some of them, such as: Fernando Oriol for his ironwork creations, Koldo Esparza for using architectural inspiration and Mallow for mastering the Japanese style, among others.
Also, we recommend reading the article “7 must-follow floral artists,” which is a list of designers that includes Pedro Fuset, an expert on using preserved products.
We hope this post about floral design has inspired you to keep your spaces looking amazing. Remember that for indoor spaces, Verdissimo’s preserved products are an excellent option that will last over time.
Verdissimo | Discover the beauty of preserved flowers!